Hi, I’m Tom. I run this place…most days. Some days it runs me and some days the whole team push the pedals forward.
I had this idea back in 1987; to come to Fargo and open a bike store, and here we are today. My wife, Kari (she has a page in this site too) followed me. Together we’ve been peddling bikes ever since. It’s been a great fit because bikes are woven into every part of our lives.
When I am not at work, I like to ride and to explore the world. I’ve pedaled across North America and South America too. The latter included a child carrier and our two girls, aged 1 and 4 at the time. Although I can’t spin the pedals as fast as I once did, I still like to try. If you find me on your wheel on a group ride, keep up your guard because I am probably plotting the next move. I have also raised my voice to advocate for bicycles in Fargo by serving on many cycling committees and advisory boards over the years. I am always pedaling Fargo Forward.
2017 is my 30th year at Island Park Cycles/Great Northern Bicycle Co. I don’t know where the time has gone, but I wouldn’t trade my job for any other.
Keep on rollin’
- Specialized Roubaix SW w/full Campy
- Specialized Diverge Comp – decked out for touring
- Globe Daily 1 – my fixie with nice tubulars. She’s a sleeper-bike.
- Specialized Epic 29’er – plenty of Moab dust.
- Globe Vienna 4, - an i8 internal with studded tires for when it really gets icy.
- Oh yeah, and about a thousand other bikes…come down and buy yours today!